Tinley Park- Assist Treasurer/ Asst Finance Director
The Village of Tinley Park (population of over 57,000) seeks a Full time Assistant Treasurer (Assistant Finance Director) in the Finance Department. This position works under the direction of the Village Treasurer and assists in managing the day to day operations of the Finance Department while performing a variety of routine and complex clerical, accounting, finance and administrative work in administering the treasury function of the Village. The position oversees the Finance staff and serves as an integral member of the Village’s budget team and is empowered to carry out the duties and responsibilities of the Village Treasurer in his/her absence.
Required Knowledge, Abilities and Skills
• Considerable knowledge of modern governmental accounting theory, principles and practices, internal control procedures and management information systems, office automation and computerized financial applications, public finance and fiscal planning as well as payroll and accounts payable functions.
• Working knowledge of budgetary, accounting, and reporting systems. Skilled in operating a personal computer, including Microsoft Office Suites including Word, Excel, Power Point, and reporting systems.
• Ability to prepare and analyze complex financial reports; maintain efficient and effective financial systems and procedures; Maintain effective working relationships with employees and city officials; communicate effectively orally and in writing.
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university with a degree in accounting, or a closely related field;
• CPA certification highly desirable;
• Five (5) to seven (7) years of progressively responsible experience in municipal or government finance;
• Previous supervisory experience preferred;
• Must possess a valid Driver’s license;
• Must successfully complete pre-employment testing.
Compensation and Benefits: DOQ plus comprehensive employee benefits program.
Radius Requirement: a condition of employment and continued employment, the Assistant Treasurer/Assistant Finance Director is required to reside within a thirty (30) mile radius from the intersection of 183rd Street and 80th Avenue in Tinley Park, within twelve (12) months of employment date. Residency in Indiana is not permitted.
Application Process: Interested candidates may complete an Application for Employment online at www.tinleypark.org or obtain a copy in person at the Village Hall. Submit completed Application along with cover letter, resume, copy of College diploma, CPA Certification and any other documentation relevant to candidacy. Submissions may be made by U.S. Mail, e-mail or deposited in the Village Hall night drop box by the closing date.
Address mail to: Village of Tinley Park Human Resources Dept., 16250 South Oak Park Avenue, Tinley Park, IL 60477.
Posted: October 16, 2017
Closing Date: November 3, 2017