We, the members of the Illinois Municipal Treasurers Association, believe in the principles underlying the governments or the United States of America and in their perpetuation as a way of life. We desire to assist in bettering the relationship between the Municipal Treasurers all other public officials, and the people of our own and other communities.
As Municipal Treasurers we endorse the following principles and ethical code, and firmly resolve to:
- Uphold and defend civil government as established to protect all persons in the enjoyment of their natural heritage;
- Uphold and defend the ideals and the goals of our communities;
- Promote the adoption and the application of the highest professional standards;
- Endeavor to live by, and to encourage the daily practice of the Golden Rule
- Consider it our duty and our privilege to improve continually our natural ability and usefulness as public officials;
- Serve the best interest of all people, ever mindful of our sacred trust and;
- Endeavor to perform all tasks that may be ours to perform with a practical, harmonious, and constructive attitude of goodwill.